Sunday, March 14, 2010

I remember this little guy from when I was a kid.  His name is Reddy Kilowatt and he was the mascot/spokesperson for the electric industry.  Well, I know some folks who would like to see his friendly smile today:  my daughter and granddaughter! 

They live in Westchester county where most of the power was knocked out last night in a ferocious storm.  She called me this morning and told me that she didn't have power, the house was 60 degrees and the basement was flooded. 

We have had our fair share of precipitation this winter and it doesn't look like it's ending any time soon.  It certainly does remind me of the little things I take for granted...fresh, clean water, flipping a switch and having the furnace kick on, food in the refrigerator. 

So many people around the world, and in our own country have few of these things.  It makes me ashamed of my complaining when I think of how little some people have.  Especially little children. 

So today I will pray that the power comes back on for my daughter and her neighbors and I will also pray that I remember to appreciate all that I have and keep a humble attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment